Friday, February 11, 2011

A Retraction - of Sorts

While I was rather infuriated with my former employer due to my health insurance being terminated, I do feel the need to retract. At least a bit.

To be fair, my former employer did fix the issue. As well as fixing the issues earlier in the year when my insurance was cancelled 2 different times. The 'fixing' was never quite complete, as I always had to make calls to each type of benefit that I was receiving. But at least they turned me back on the system.

And just to recap. In March 2010, when I went on long term disability, my company accidentally coded me as terminated. That took me until May to get figured out. But it did. Then CIGNA, the third party that handles my employers long term disability claims, decided in October that I didn't qualify for benefits. Not sure how metastatic cancer doesn't qualify, but oh well. Still working on this. But because of this ruling my employer terminated my benefits. They reinstated them, while I am in my Appeal. And then this most recent time - Blue Cross and Blue Shield had a glitch in their system, that cancelled my insurance for the month of December.

So my retraction is that my former company was not directly  responsible each time. And they did help me out to get me reinstated each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment